Thursday, 31 May 2018

A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement

I just woke up and found that there was a hole in my wall.This is normal for me.I now have to go to school with my sloppy school clothes and a slit jacket.I’m just thinking how frosty my feet will be. I feel like it is snowing. I’m on my way to school with my head held high.I have two friends John and Wick. They call me machine gun although my real name is Micheal. Our desks are really cramped and about five people at one desk and we are all kneeling.I just wish we had some proper desks and chairs.my teacher was particularly grouchy today.I don’t blame her she has to teach sixty children.


Try as I will I get nowhere.I want a job one day in the big city. I just can’t wait till then if it happens.At school we have to read this book with tiny writing with a thick spine.That we have to finish by the end of the week.I think I’m going to spend all day and night this week reading this book I’ll never finish it but i’m going too ,because I want a job.


I get to my shack and I find my whole shack is blown apart.Are my parents Ok
looks like I’m sleeping out in the open tonight.That is a normal day for me.It would be a dream for me to have a job one day

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Conor. There are traces of some interesting writing but I would have elaborated about exactly what happened to the shack.Your ending needs polishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Conor
    Great post though there are some spelling errors and mistakes and I think you went a little to much about the job thing. Any way besides that I think it is great.
    From Declan

    ReplyDelete